Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Still at it!!

Workouts have been a challenge as I tweaked my knee...no not an excuse the truth but I refuse to give up so I have been really watching what I eat and trying to follow Tami's eat smaller but more often advice. I try to get mostly A's on the chart and have not got there yet..not sure what this wheat germ is that seems to be suggested to finish my days everytime.I will check it out ... But I am proud of myself for a couple of things that Tami has helped me succeed at...just by knowing she is supportive and there watching I was able to overcome something I have NEVER been able to overcome before.emotional eating I used to joke, yet knew it was true, did not matter what emotion I ate...this week I found out my son was moving away and we had three days to get him dressed as an adult, which meant shopping all day and eating at malls!!! WOO HOO NO fries for me.1st time EVER!!! My comfort food has always been potato chips, NONE not even one!! had a get together to send him off, served healthy dinner, and veggies and dip...just veggies for me...and NO drinks!! I did cheat and had a diet coke..but hey I had to! Then I baked him some goodies to take..one tiny taste to ensure they were sendable and packed them all up. Then there was the send off...and the many hugs and tears but I came back in drank water had a coffee then a sensible breakfast... this is a success for me. Then stepping on the scale I am down 6 pounds...and feel great, not feeling like I missing anything...as of tomorrow I can start the workouts full again..well full to the low impact no tweaking knee capacity...rather than just the walks and ab work outs...I can hardly wait to try the Tae Bo one and others...Heres to week 3!!

6 comments:

  1. I couldn't be prouder!!
    YES that is success, that is no easy task what you did today. Not many could have survived it without the fries. That is my weakness as well, i think i had them every day the 1st 3 months of my pregnancy. And i wondered why i put on 15 lbs the 1st month.
    You are such an inspiration to us all.
    Heres to living your best life possible!
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah! good for you. i wanted so badly to get a burger & fries the other day too! and i really wanted to drink a yummy vanilla latte today instead of my new choice... plain ol' black coffee! it was hard to make the right choice, but felt SO good after! :) thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm impressed by the dedication I'm seeing!

    Dammit, I did have fries today...but I counted them! It's a family favorite to go for fish & chips. I ate a huge salad before we left, peeled most of the greasy batter off my fish and made myself a small portion of fries, left the rest. It would be better not to be there at all but it's progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I'm not the only one that keeps getting the wheat germ suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok..today my meal came with fries... I listed them on my planner as I did sneak a couple...but not them all...so that was a great accomplishment too...eating lunch out is difficult...today was a bad day..tomorrow will be MUCH MUCH better...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still better than eating them all. I remember how hard it was in winnipeg to eat healthy. It really is much easier here in LA. So many more choices. Tomorrow is a NEW DAY SISTA!

    ReplyDelete