Monday, May 31, 2010

Ok Here I am!!

Hi Everyone!
I am Darlene...I "met" Tami through a facebook challenge that my friend Kandace sent out offering us an amazing 6 week workout challenge...no where in the offer did it say that I would be giving up diet coke..no where I double checked but hey I am over it... I am a mother of 2 and a step mom to 2 and I am still carrying a wee bit of the baby weight...mybaby just turned 18..yes years not months I know!!!Better late than never.. Iused to be quite "fit" as Iplayed a lot of sports 3 games of ball hockey and4 games of baseball per week..until 3 years ago at a base ball event ( sadly the windup not a game) i blew my knee..my ACL was severed and my MCL was damaged..however with our fantastic medical system I could not get surgery until last year...then re operated on March 1st of this year..so now I am outta shape..big time! I received the ok from my surgeon and physiotherapsit to have no limitations the day I said yes to this challenge...with a few alterations as I can not yet kneel on the knee and some things are outta the question...aka Donkey kicks ha ha I will think of you as you do them... My diet plan needs attention and Tami is graciously everyday helping me out with that..who knew 30 lbs overweight had to do with what I was eating and not that I was no longer playing ball!!

All kidding aside..I am pumped to do well on this 6 week challenge...I am raring to try almost anything but will take my ol body some time to figure out the moves but I will not give up... since saying yes I have found willpower and determination through you ladies and Tami..I do not want to report I did not do it so it makes me do it! I am attempting to get the food right and will try to get the menu plan correct..I will not eat fish..do you know what they do in water??? But Hey...I am on the way..seriously If I can do this anyone can.. Here's to the best 6 week challenge ever completed!!

Thanks Tami...for not laughing your head off and for letting me be a part of your group...although I did hear laughing was good forthe abs....maybe I will film me attempting the spiderman pushups into burbee camel to cobra...and then we can all do less abs..till then drink H2O and go!!!

2 comments:

  1. We are so excited to have you be apart of this team of challengers!!
    Looking forward to this next 6 weeks.
    Tami Tyson

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you're getting active again after what sounds like a tough couple of years! I don't think you're the only one that may have had a *little* trouble with that spiderman cobra thing. I had no ab power left to laugh about it or I might have.

    ReplyDelete