Thursday, June 10, 2010

Tannis's Meal Plan

Or rather, what Tannis randomly eats for the first half of the day and then desperately works with to somehow make the grade by bedtime. Today was not nice - 2.55 on the GPA. A feature I hadn't seen until Jennifer posted her smoking score. I'll post one from earlier in the week.

I find I don't have much trouble meeting the Weight Control and Heart Health categories but often fall short on the Vitamins and Minerals categories. What was really fun to see is how my nutrition has improved overall since I started. I keep focusing on the parts I'm *not* getting, rather than how far I've come. That's ridiculous, I've made fabulous improvements thanks to this!

Breakfast
Millet rice cereal with blueberries, strawberries & 1% milk
Small slice whole grain toast with 1/2 tbsp peanut butter
Mug coffee (black)

Lunch
Omelet - 2 scrambled eggs, spinach & peppers (no fat added)
- on small slice whole grain toast, no butter or cheese!

Supper
2 medium baked potatoes, no fat added, peel eaten
A big pile of broccoli & cauliflower, steamed
Home made cheese sauce, 1/4 c
Glass white wine

Snacks
22 almonds
Small, home made, high fiber/low fat muffin with fruit
Popcorn, air popped & buttered, 1/3c
Tea, decaf
Yogurt - plain, non-fat, 3/4 cup
Banana - 1/4 of medium size
Wheat germ, 1/2 cup (mixed into yogurt with banana)

4 comments:

  1. Yummy! I could live with that. I don't think I've ever had 2 potatos at once (knowingly)

    I'm going to copy yours and Tami's (different days)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks delicious! thanks for sharing. what kind of cheese do you use for your sauce? and would you mind sharing your muffin recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a potato geek. They were small-ish!

    I use extra aged cheddar - no point in eating cheese if it's not stuff I love. The cheese sauce is a bit of melted butter mixed with flour, then mostly 1% milk with some cheese thrown in at the end to smoothen it out (and add the yum).

    Yes, I'll get that muffin recipe up one of these days but I'll warn you I follow it very loosely...depends on my mood.

    I think I should emphasize that this wasn't a "perfect" day but still one of MY better ones. I will continue to eat all those things but maybe not all on the same day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!
    You have come so far and learnt so much.
    I lvoe how you make so much of what you eat from scatch. So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete