Tuesday, June 1, 2010

one week in...

Hello Ladies. I've read all your posts and worked out virtually with Tannis (not live). My name is Kristin. I met Tami last year when I was her daughter's 1st grade teacher! (Best girl, best parents.) I always wanted to join the bootcamp for moms, but I had to teach. The only silver lining to being laid-off has been getting BACK in shape with Tami!

I used to be active and skinny... I was a life guard, captain of crew in college... I even taught aerobics! I got back to a healthy weight after my first 2 kids, but after my 3rd I lost some of the weight and then packed it back on. I got to a point where I just didn't care. I didn't know where to start. In September I joined Tami's bootcamp and was making progress and getting strong! Then while packing the car for Christmas Vacation I broke my ankle! Put 10 more lbs on and started the challenge last week Tuesday.

I find logging into vitabot is difficult through out the day. I have been better about watching what I eat! And all through the holiday weekend I was really good. I've done something cardio/active everyday. Today I did the Santa Monica stairs again! Woo wee! They are brutal, but I LOVE the feeling you get the hours after you really get a good workout!

I'm down 2 pounds... I guess I have 28 to go? I'm just so happy to be involved and more accountable for right now. The only way to start changing, and getting healthy, strong, and hopefully slimmer, is to start and we've all done that. Let's keep going!! :) Kristin

2 comments:

  1. Glad to be working with you too!
    You are one of the nicest people i have ever met.
    I love just being around you.
    2 lbs ... YEAH!! Off to a fantastic start.

    Can I add i love the Jewelry you make!!
    Check it out girls
    kritty.com
    I had to give you a plug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to get back into it..keep up the great enthusiasm...from Canada no idea what the Santa Monica Stairs are but hey WOO HOO it is an accomplishment to be out there...2 lbs is just your start...we can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete